Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hedge funds

A hedge fund is a private investment fund that charges a performance fee and is typically open to only a limited range of qualified investors. Hedge fund activity in the public securities markets has grown substantially as it constitutes approximately 30% of all U.S. fixed-income security transactions, 55% of U.S. activity in derivatives with investment-grade ratings, 55% of the trading volume for emerging-market bonds, as well as 30% of equity trades. Hedge Funds dominate certain specialty markets such as trading in derivatives with high-yield ratings, and distressed debt.
In the United States, in order for an investment fund to be exempt from direct regulation, it must be open to accredited investors only and only a limited number of investors can belong to it. While there is no legal definition of "hedge fund" under U.S. securities laws and regulations, typically they include any investment fund that, because of an exemption from the types of regulation that otherwise apply to mutual funds, brokerage firms or investment advisers can invest in more complex and more risky investments than a public fund might. Hedge funds managed from other countries have similar relationships with their national regulators. As a hedge fund's investment activities are therefore limited only by the contracts governing the particular fund, it can make greater use of complex investment strategies such as short selling, entering into futures, swaps and other derivative contracts and leverage.
As private, lightly regulated partnerships, hedge funds do not have to disclose their activities to third parties. This is in contrast to a fully regulated mutual fund (or unit trust) which will typically have to meet regulatory requirements for disclosure. An investor in a hedge fund usually has direct access to the investment advisor of the fund, and may enjoy more personalised reporting than investors in retail investment funds. This may include detailed discussions of risks assumed and significant positions. However, this high level of disclosure is not available to non-investors, contributing to hedge funds' reputation for secrecy. Several hedge funds are completely "black box", meaning that their returns are uncertain to the investor.

2 comments:

Артур Борис  said...

I’m Артур Борис a resident/citizen of the Republic Of Russian. I’m 42 years of age, an entrepreneur/businessman. I once had difficulties in financing my project/business, if not for a good friend of mine who introduced me to Mr Pedro to get a loan worth $250,000 USD from his company. When I contacted them it took just five working days to get my loan process done and transferred to my account. Even with a bad credit history, they still offer their service to you. They also offer all kinds of loans such as business loans, home loans, personal loans, car loans. I don’t know how to thank them for what they have done for me but God will reward them according to his riches in glory. If you need an urgent financial assistance contact them today via email pedroloanss@gmail.com
WhatsApp:+1-863-231-0632

Erlend Hildur said...

I am so happy today because God has done it for me after going through hard times with other loan lenders and nothing works out, I was about to lose my faith and hope but I still have to stand strong and pursue what I am looking for. I am happy today because God has directed me to the best Loan Company and I didn't regret anything after contacting them and my heart desire was granted and I was given the said amount I requested for (300,000.00 USD), the money was paid into my account after two weeks of talking with the company and they didn't stress me or give me any headache in getting this loan from them, others of my family members and friends I directed to them all got their loan too, I would love you to contact pedroloanss@gmail.com / whatsapp +1-8632310632 . and get your loan quickly and this is safe and fast, you that have loose hope, faith and everything you have all just in the name of getting a loan and nothing work out, bet me if you try this man called Pedro Jerome , you will never regret anything and your loan request will be approve and it will be paid directly into your bank account, so hurry now and contact quick response on WhatsApp +1-8632310632. ask for any type of Loan, and it will be granted to you. I wish you the best